Our activities are based on educational and societal dimensions:
For educational dimension,
- We develop and implement educational programmes for home language (Turkish) maintenance of Turkish-origin children within the mainstream education system. We design a theme-based home language (Turkish) curriculum to support children’s L1 and L2 development and their academic success.
- Regarding the needs and expectations of our stakeholders, we develop and implement educational programmes and scientific research process for children and youth in order to support their 21st century skills. Within the framework of 21st Century Learning, we provide learning & innovative skills, information, media and ICT (Information, Communications, and Technology) skills, life & career skills.
- We are collaborating with the teachers and administrative staff in Belgian schools in order to observe actual classroom practices in Belgium.
- We are organizing Turkish language workshops in different cities in Belgium through interactive drama-based or scientific-based methodology and activities. Those workshops are funded by Yunus Emre Institute.
- We provide supervising service to students with immigrant background for their further educational trajectory.
For societal dimension,
- We give seminars to the families about their sociological, psychological, educational needs such as social integration/inclusion bilingual upbringing, child-rearing practices in immigrant contexts, parenting styles, language and cognitive development of bilingual children and school adaptation, the role of family in children’s development, Belgian education and administrative system etc.
- Through scientific and institutional partnerships, we make a sustainable cooperation with institutional environments (parents, students, schools, stakeholders, NGOs, institutions, universities, municipalities etc.)
- We supervise the exchange students and staff coming through Erasmus+ partnership, internship.
- We collect longitudinal data in order to investigate the sociological, educational, psychological background of the society.
In the S&R, we gave a talk for an Erasmus project (2019-1-TR01-KA101-072237) “Effective Behavior Management Strategies and Innovative Practice Models in the Classroom.
Dr. Feyza Altinkamis “Early Childhood Bilingualism and its effect on classroom management”.
Dr. Ebru Karatas Acer “Scientific research process and its effect on classroom management”.
In our institution through Erasmus+ projects, we had Learning, Teaching and Training Activities (LLT) on mother tongue education, home language teaching, bilingualism, teaching Turkish to foreigners, integration, cultural adaptation, multi culturalism, biculturalism, integration as a two-way process, European Citizenship, diversity management etc.